Popular Nollywood actress Funke Akindele aka Jenifa, she doesnt need any introduction as we all know the popular aiyetoro girl, as she do say, here are some facts you might not know about the popular star.
2. Funke Akindele became famous after featuring in popular United Nations
Population Fund (UNFPA) sponsored sitcom, I Need To Know. She
played Bisi, a curious but highly intelligent secondary school
student. The sitcom ran for 4 years, 1998 to 2001.
3. Funke Akindele studied mass communication in the former Ogun State
Polytechnic, now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. The talented actress
is also a graduate of Law from the University of Lagos, Akoka,
4. Funke became popular after the release of Jenifa in 2009, a
movie she produced under her Scene One Productions company.
5. Funke runs a non-governmental organisation known as The Jenifa
Foundation, which nurtures talent among other things.
6. Funke was married to Kenny Almaroof Oloyede between May 2012
and July 2013. Their courtship, marriage and subsequent divorce
were not devoid of controversy.
7. Since, the first Jenifa movie, the actress has produced two
others: Jenifa 2 and The Return of Jenifa. In January 2015, the
actress announced a TV series called Jenifa’s Diary based on the
8. Funke Akindele has starred in several other Nollywood blockbusters
including the Tunde Kelani directed Maami; Omo Ghetto and Married
But Living Single.
9.. Funke’s mum is a medical doctor while her father is a retired
Bonus: Funke has won many awards for acting and producing. In
2009, she won the African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best
Actress in a Leading Role. Other awards include: AfroHollywood
Awards for Best Supporting Actress; Future Awards – Best Actress;
Dynamix Awards – Best Actress; City People – Best Actress; City
People – Best Movie of the Year for Jenifa, among others.