11 things you should know about DJ Obi and his world record breaking quest
1. DJ Obi’s full name is Obi Ajuonuma and he is the son of the late
Dr. Levi Chibuike Ajuonuma – who was a popular media
Ajuonuma was for several years host of the popular Saturday night
programme, ‘Open House Party’ – a variety entertainment show
which hosted mostly comedians and music acts on Ray Power
He was also host and executive producer of the equally popular
‘The Sunday Show’, ‘Levi Ajuonoma live’ and ‘Showtime’ on the
Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and other channels.
The late Ajuonuma was a former Group General Manager, Public
Affairs Division of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation,
2. DJ Obi has been in the business of making people dance to
great tunes for over 8 years.
3. He won the Nigerian Entertainment Award (NEA) for “World Best
DJ” in 2011”.
4. Dj Obi has had the opportunity of working with artists on stage
such as Lupe Fiasco, 2face, Lynxxx, Banky W, M.I, Naeto C, and a
host of others.
5. As a music entrepreneur, he looks up to Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs as
a role model – who he has met a couple of times.
6. DJ Obi began his world-breaking attempt last Wednesday by
11.30pm at Sao Café located at 25 Prince Adelowo Adedji Street
off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
Cure for Glaucoma, Cataract and MyopiaClick HERE to visit our website.
7. The current world record holder for the longest marathon club
DJ-ing in the world is Polish DJ, Norberto Loco – real
name, Norbert Selmaj.
He DJ-ed for 200 hours at the Underground temple bar in Dublin,
Ireland from 19 to 27 November 2014.
8. To match this, DJ Obi has to be on deck till 7.30am on Friday,
July 1. He then plans to set his own record to 240 hours which will
be achieved by 11.30pm on Saturday, July 2.
9. Even though he is to DJ for 24 hours daily, he is allowed to take
a 20 minute break every four hours or one hour break after 12
10. He gets daily medical checks, massages and consumes huge
doses of vitamins to keep going despite his lack of sleep.
11. For breaking the record, he doesn’t get any financial reward
from Guinness World records but he gets a chance to be included
in the Guinness Book of World records.