Donald Trump has been elected as the 45th President of the United States of America.
Trump, the Republican candidate, was declared winner of the presidential elections on Wednesday, November 9, 2016, after defeating Democrat and former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.
Below are 13 things you should know about Donald Trump:
1. He was born in 1946 in Queens, New York City.
2. He was the fourth child of five born to Frederick C and Mary MacLeod Trump.
3. He attended the New York Military Academy and was a champion athlete and a student leader.
4. Donald has an economics degree from The Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania.
5. His nickname is “The Donald”, a title given by his first wife, Ivanka.
6. His current wife is named Melania.
7. He has been married thrice and has five children and eight grandchildren.
8. He was a democrat from 2001 to 2008 but officially changed his party registration to Republican in 2009.
9. He was once a member of “The Birther Issue”, a group which maintains that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.
10. He doesn’t drink alcohol due to the death of his brother, Fred Jr., from alcoholism in 1981.
11. He is a germophobe and dislikes shaking hands. A “germophobe” is a person with an extreme fear of germs and an obsession with cleanliness.
12. He is a reality television star and billionaire real estate developer.
13. He acted some of the popular American movies like Home-Alone, also featured in WWE Monday Night RAW