HERE ARE SOME HIDDEN FACTS ABOUT THE GREAT BASH ALI.
- He won his first gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome and he was known by the name Cassius Clay.
- When he was 12years old, a thief stole his bicycle and wanted to deliver retribution, that gave him desire for boxing.
- His memorable moment, when he was revealed as the final torch bearer and lighter of the cauldron at the opening ceremony of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
- He won his first title (heavyweight) with a knockout in 1964 against Liston Sonny
- He changed his name from Cassius Clay to Muhammad Ali in 1964
- Ali became a social icon when he took a stand and refused to be inducted into the US.Army citing his opposition to American involvement and his religious beliefs, it was a stand that would not come easy though, Ali was convicted of draft erasion, and although he avoided serving any time in prison, he was strapped of his heavyweight tittle and was banned from boxing for three years
- Ali fought his last professional fight on Dec 11 1981
He developed the slogan ”FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BEE”
- He married four wives and he had total of nine children, his youngest daughter Laila Ali had a celebrated boxing career with a record of 24-0 with 21wins by K.O.
Click image to contact via whatsApp: