Little or nothing was known about Mavin Records’s Di’ja until the hit song “Dorobucci” which came out in 2014. Di’ja has however become a force to be reckoned with in the Nigerian music industry as her style of music and dress sense is unconventional. Unlike the regular Barbie doll looks, Di’ja is kind of a tomboy/ Gothic chic as she opts for dark makeup and not so figure flattering outfits.
Here are 10 things you do not know about the Marvin Princess:
– Her real name is Hadiza Salma Blell, and she was born on the 14th of August.
– Her name Di’ja is a combination of Hadiza and Khadijah.
– She is of mixed race ( Nigerian and Sierra Leonian), her mother is from Northern Nigeria, Zaria in Kaduna while her father who was a deputy minister in Sierra Leone is half Sierra Leone/ half Lebanese which makes her a multi -linguist because she speaks Hausa and Krio (a Sierra Leonian tongue) fluently.
– She is a graduate with a double degree in Biology and Psychology.
– She started her music career in 2008 and her first single titled ‘Rock Steady’ got her nominated for the best Urban/ R&B Single at 2009 Canadian Radio Music Awards. She also won the 2008 Best New Artiste award at the Best Awards.
This Solution Will Cure All Your Ulcer Problems Permanently.Click HERE to visit our website.
– She is multi-talented judging from her varied interests in song writing, recording, fashion designing and visual arts.
– She has lived in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, the United States and Canada.
– She is a fan of Bob Marley, Lauren Hill, The Everly Brothers, Tracy Chapman not just because of their music but the quirkness they all have as well as their love for humanity outside of the music.
– She is a serious foodie, in fact eating is her hobby.
Also: Shes been able to stay off drama, no baby-bum photos till she gave birth to a baby boy last month.
Shes married to Rotimi who has been able to stay off camera.