The real name of this popular and well-loved Nigerian musician is Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson. Phyno is his stage name and it has taken the high position among the Nigerian rappers. Presently PHyno is not just a rapper and song writer and a producer.
Here are 15 things you might not know about him.
- He was born Azuibike Chibuzor Nelson on October 9, 1986 in Enugu.
2. He is an indigene of Anambra state and hails from a family 5 kids with him being the 4th.
3. His childhood dream was to become a pilot.
4. He studied Public Administration at the Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu.
5. He started getting involved in music production from his secondary school days after mastering how to plays the drums and piano.
6. He got his stage name from the word phenomenon, which was given to him by a secondary school friend named Emeka.
7. He moved to Lagos in 2007 to further push his career in entertainment.
8. Before venturing into music full time, Phyno was a producer and had made stuff for the likes of Ruggedman, J Martins, Flavour, Timaya, 2shortz and many others.
9. His official debut single, Ghost Mode which featured Olamide changed the rappers fortunes for good and his career had been on the rise ever since.
10. Phyno is signed unto Sputnet Records and Pent Hauze Records which is his own imprint.
11. His debut album, No Guts No Glory dropped at the end of 2013.
12. Phyno is a brand ambassador for Airtel, Guinness and Naira Bet.
13. Phyno is a close buddy of fellow rapper, Olamide and the duo have worked on numerous projects together including the collabo album, 2Kings released earlier this year. They are also both signed to Guinness as ambassadors.
14. Phyno was once rumored to have impregnated female music act, Rita Edmond but this has been confirmed to be totally untrue. However if the rapper gets a chance to date a celeb, then it will be Genevieve Nnaji who is his celeb crush.
15. Phyno won the Best Rap Single at the 2014 Headies and has so far won 3 times at the prestigious music awards.