The shortlist of nominees from various categories for the 28th edition of the annual CAF Awards was unveiled on Tuesday, 03 December following the completion of the first phase of the voting.
The shortlist of nominees was decided upon by votes from a CAF Technical & Development Committee and a panel of media experts with emphasis on the nominees’ performance of during the year under review, 2019.
The final phase of voting for the men’s and women’s African Player of the Year, as well as the male and female Coach of the Year, will be selected by Head Coaches/Technical Directors and Captains of senior national teams from CAF Member Associations. The Interclubs Player of the Year will be decided upon by the Head Coaches and Captains of the group phase of the current season of CAF Interclubs competitions.
The award winners for each category will be announced during the CAF Awards ceremony on Tuesday, 7 January 2020, at the Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt.
The event will celebrate African footballers and officials who have distinguished themselves during 2019. There will also be several new award categories in recognition of exceptional contributions to African football and inspiring individuals.
Full list of shortlists are as follows (in alphabetical order)
Player of the Year
- André Onana (Cameroon & Ajax)
- Hakim Ziyech (Morocco & Ajax)
- Ismail Bennacer (Algeria & AC Milan)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal & Napoli)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Odion Ighalo (Nigeria & Shanghai Shenhua)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Arsenal)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
- Youcef Belaili (Algeria & Ahli Jeddah)
The list of Africa’s elite now has 10 names
Who’ll be crowned African Player of the Year?
Women’s Player of the Year
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
- Gabrielle Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moscow)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)
stars fighting it out for the title of Women’s Player of the Year
Interclubs Player of the Year
- Anice Badri (Tunisia & Esperance)
- Kodjo Fo Doh Laba (Togo & RS Berkane / Al Ain)
- Taha Yassine Khenissi (Tunisia & Esperance)
- Tarek Hamed (Egypt & Zamalek)
- Youcef Belaïli (Algeria & Esperance / Ahli Jeddah)
Interclubs Player of the Year shortlist updated
Who will Triumph and finish top of this quality list of players?
Youth Player of the Year
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)
- Krépin Diatta (Senegal & Club Brugge)
- Moussa Djenepo (Mali & Southampton)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)
– Achraf Hakimi 🇲🇦
– Krépin Diatta 🇸🇳
– Moussa Djenepo🇲🇱
– Samuel Chukwueze 🇳🇬
– Victor Osimhen
Men’s Coach of the Year
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal – Senegal)
- Christian Gross (Switzerland – Zamalek)
- Djamel Belmadi (Algeria – Algeria)
- Moïne Chaâbani (Tunisia – Esperance)
- Nicolas Dupuis (France – Madagascar)
The list gets shorter
Which one of these managers will win Coach of the Year.
Women’s Coach of the Year
- Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon)
- Bruce Mwape (Zambia)
- Clementine Toure (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria)
Men’s National Team of the Year
Women’s National Team of the Year
2. Côte d’Ivoire
4. South Africa
Best Women’s National Team of the the Year candidates #CAFAwards2019