Ibidun Ighodalo, ex-Nigerian beauty queen and wife of Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of the Trinity Church, passed away on Sunday morning.
Until her demise, she was a popular Lagos businesswoman and event planner. Ibidun was renowned for her ability to transform mundane and odd settings into exquisite spaces.
Her enthusiasm, creativity and years of event planning experience cemented her status as the most innovative planner, and endeared her to people.
Here are few facts to know about her:
1. Mrs Ighodalo won the Miss Lux title over a decade ago.
2. Ibidun got married to Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of the Trinity Church House on February 16, 2007.
3. She once revealed her infertility challenge and the several IVF procedures she did during her lifetime.
4. Ibidun and Pastor Ituah have two children together. She is the founder of the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation.
5. Her company, Elizabeth R, decorates Lagos during Christmas/Festive seasons. During Fashola’s tenure in 2007, she was given the arduous task of beautifying Lagos. She was once adjudged the Queen of decorations.
6. Ibidun also handled most of society’s top notch events in a career spanning over a decade (She founded Elizabeth R in 2003 as a public relations and events company).